Sunday, May 29, 2011

Update with Vanessa Lai...

So, what have you been up to these days?

Vanessa- I've had a really great year so far. I've been really busy working on a few projects that are very different than what I've been involved in in the past so I'm really excited to see how everything turns out.


Can you tell us a bit about these projects, or is it a big secret?

Vanessa- For sure! I've been focusing on my acting this year and i was pretty lucky to land a role in a horror film called FM Andy. I also starred in a music video for a song by Deadmau5. Right now I'm broadcasting the news once a week.


What was FM Andy like?

Vanessa- It was really great, it was my very first film and my first time working with a smaller cast and crew. The dynamic of the experience was very different compared to a large crew. I had a great time working on it. I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to tell you about it but I will say I look wonderfully creepy. I always wanted to be part of a horror movie, I always thought i'd be a scream queen but this role was even better!
Production shot from FM ANDY at Rattailfilms studio


And the Deadmau5 video, can you tell us a bit about that?

Vanessa- Well that was something that had been discussed for a while and finally came together. Play Records approached me with an idea and we decided to go for it. I play a cleaning lady turned sexy dancer. It's a club video but with some very sexy and trippy visuals. We filmed overnight and everyone was pretty beat but it was still alot of fun.

Green screen at rattailfilms for Deadmau5
 Getting dolled up by Frisky


 So you're new at broadcasting, is it something you could see yourself doing long term?

Vanessa- I've always wanted to try a bit of everything whether it comes to my career or just learning about different things. I dont want to label myself as an actress or model or broadcaster, I feel that i'm an entertainer as a whole and want to have expereince in everything. Broadcasting is very different from anything I've done before. That teleprompter has owned me several times it's tricky to read off of.


Is there anything we should be looking out for you in that's out right now?

Vanessa- I'm pretty sure my two episodes of Urban Legends is airing now on the history channel as well as Lingerie and Body Language on HBO... Oh yeah and the deftones video for 'you've seen the butcher'. I dont watch tv so I'm never sure of when things come out


That's funny, you work in television but don't watch it?

Vanessa-I dont watch it much at all lately. I watch more movies than I do television because I have the option of pausing the movie and picking it up later... my schedules been a bit busier than usual lately.




Is there anything you'd like to try in the entertainment industry that you haven't gotten to experience yet?

Vanessa- There's lots, the list is really never ending. I really want to try comedy, scripted and stand up that would be a dream come true. I'd also like to be an on air personality I'm pretty quick on the spot so i think that would be a really great thing to try. I'd also like to try voice acting, for a cartoon or video game sometime.

Is there anyway for us to keep up to date with what you're doing?

Vanessa- Tons of ways, www.twitter.com/vanessal or my fan page on facebook also under Vanessa Lai
vanessaL (vanessaL) on Twitter
twitter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment